Passed CASP-002 on retirement day 10/2 second attempt.
I'm glad to get this one out of the way, tough exam and I didn't think I made it. When the test person gave me my report and said congratulations I was so happy that all my hard work paid off. One thing that worked for me this time was I went in on all things CASP for a solid month. My previous attempt I studied on and off then on and off again for 7 months which wasn't helpful because by exam time I didn't remember all the concepts as well as I did this go around. This exam in my opinion is tougher that the CISSP, I know because I missed it by 60 points last year. The CISSP exam will be next and I'll use the same study strategy again to successfully pass that one too.
- IT PRO TV CASP video training (subscription)
- Trancender practice questions (subscription)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002 Cert Guide by Robin Abernathy
- Skipped all 10 of the simulations at the start of the exam (1st time I spent well over an hour on the sims and then had to rush through the questions
- Completed all multiple choice questions 1st
- Then simulations last
- Then one more quick read through of everything, glad I did because I saw one mistake