+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5
    #1

    Default Window 10 - Password Removed but still asking for password

    My son got his laptop locked again. Actually he got this problem several times for bad memory. It is no big deal as there are dozens of tools that can reset and blank the account password. However, this trick no longer worked on a new Dell laptop. The computer still asks for password, which was blanked previously.

    Does this has anything to do with the latest Windows 10 update?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,228

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tzinebh View Post
    My son got his laptop locked again. Actually he got this problem several times for bad memory. It is no big deal as there are dozens of tools that can reset and blank the account password. However, this trick no longer worked on a new Dell laptop. The computer still asks for password, which was blanked previously.

    Does this has anything to do with the latest Windows 10 update?

    How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10
    https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how...in-windows-10/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

    --Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member 636-555-3226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    940

    Certifications
    Lots of security certifications, yet the more I learn, the further I have to go...
    #3
    That's a pretty bad memory. Why not make it easy like his birth year and his name? 2001Johnny - hard to forget the year you were born and your name....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    2,959

    Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    #4
    Only one way to get better at remembering things...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,129

    Certifications
    Too many MCPs and MCTS, MCSA: Security, MCSE: Security, MCSA: 2003, 2008, 2012, MCITP: EA, CISSP-ISSAP, SCS DLP, GREM
    #5
    I don't give any advice to completely anonymous users with fresh registrations on public forums on this topic.

    Seek professional services for a fee and see if they buy your story.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkingStudent View Post
    How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10 https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how...in-windows-10/
    Thanks. I am going to test it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by gespenstern View Post
    I don't give any advice to completely anonymous users with fresh registrations on public forums on this topic.

    Seek professional services for a fee and see if they buy your story.
    It is my last option if I can't figure it out myself.
    Last edited by JDMurray; 06-15-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    #7
    My password is my birth date, which is easy to remember , for your question,mayeb the old password has not removed on Dell laptop completely, try rsetting it and creat a new password on your Dall laptop .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member Infosec85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    187

    Certifications
    Just a few...
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gespenstern View Post
    I don't give any advice to completely anonymous users with fresh registrations on public forums on this topic.

    Seek professional services for a fee and see if they buy your story.
    I am with you on this one, maybe we are both the skeptical types...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ppomer View Post
    My password is my birth date, which is easy to remember , for your question,mayeb the old password has not removed on Dell laptop completely, try rsetting it and creat a new password on your Dall laptop .
    I have done this before on my Windows 7 and XP computer. but it failed on this time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tzinebh View Post
    I have done this before on my Windows 7 and XP computer. but it failed on this time.
    You can do it, as long as you can remove the old Win 10 password . just like this ,
    The create a new password on Win 10 , keep in mind ,write down new password where you know it .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ppomer View Post
    You can do it, as long as you can remove the old Win 10 password . just like this:https://www.passmoz.com/reset-windows-10-password.html
    The create a new password on Win 10 , keep in mind ,write down new password where you know it .
    When everything goes back to normal , don't forget to create a password reset disk .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks