+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Passed CySA+

  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon ~ peaceful and quiet!
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    A/N/S/Storage/CySA+, CCENT, VCP5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VCP6-NV, 70-410, 70-411
    #1

    Default Passed CySA+

    Passed the CySA+, onward to CASP, then back on the VCP6-CMA and VCP7-CMA bandwagon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    15

    Certifications
    Security+
    #2
    Congrats! What did you use for study material?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2
    #3
    Congrats. Can you please elaborate how you prepared. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon ~ peaceful and quiet!
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    A/N/S/Storage/CySA+, CCENT, VCP5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VCP6-NV, 70-410, 70-411
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spread Love View Post
    Congrats. Can you please elaborate how you prepared. Thanks
    Official Study guide by Synex, Udemy Videos, a $180 used Toshiba laptop from ebay with a 240GB SSD w/ Kali Linux on it with wifi pinapple, alfa network board, hackrf one, ubertooth one, metasploit, wireshark, nmap, nessus, and then a bunch of exploitable VM's I found on the OSCP forum. Then I just hacked into all of my IoT's and my wireless, the VMware lab, customer networks (with permission) to see what vulnerabilities they had.

    The exam really pooled more knowledge than the book could teach though, really was meant for a security guy who knows systems, network, and virtualization to be able to decode some of the questions.

    But I'm onward to CASP, and after reading a few pages glad I took CySA 1st, a lot of overlap and a lot of more in-depth discussions.
    Last edited by Deáthmáge85; 08-07-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member PsychoData91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    133

    Certifications
    Pen+, CySA+, A+, Server+, CCENT, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    #5
    Jeez, sounds like you're probably about ready to try Pentest+ too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon ~ peaceful and quiet!
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    A/N/S/Storage/CySA+, CCENT, VCP5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VCP6-NV, 70-410, 70-411
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoData91 View Post
    Jeez, sounds like you're probably about ready to try Pentest+ too
    Maybe I will. Gotta pass CASP 1st and then take VCP7-CMA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member DAVIS NGUYEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,460

    Certifications
    MCSE, CASP, MCSA, CSIS, MCITP, ACE, A+, Network+, Security+
    #7
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Happy Guy GeeLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    106

    Certifications
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Security, Networking, Hardware, Unix, Windows, Linux, Forensics, Cloud
    #8
    Congrats on passing! I have CySA+ also.. it's a good one. All of that blue team SOC related goodness
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member roxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Some dark place in the universe...
    Posts
    130

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CSAE, CASP, CySA+, SEC+, CCSKv4, TOGAF 9, COBIT5 Foundation
    #9
    Congrats on the pass!!
    2018 Goals:
    To Complete: CISSP-ISSAP | CCSP | CAPM
    Start Master's Degree: WGU - MBA.ITM

    B.S., Business Studies in Computer Information Technology | SNHU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    19

    Certifications
    compTIA A+, compTIA Net+
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Deáthmáge85 View Post
    Official Study guide by Synex, Udemy Videos, a $180 used Toshiba laptop from ebay with a 240GB SSD w/ Kali Linux on it with wifi pinapple, alfa network board, hackrf one, ubertooth one, metasploit, wireshark, nmap, nessus, and then a bunch of exploitable VM's I found on the OSCP forum. Then I just hacked into all of my IoT's and my wireless, the VMware lab, customer networks (with permission) to see what vulnerabilities they had.

    The exam really pooled more knowledge than the book could teach though, really was meant for a security guy who knows systems, network, and virtualization to be able to decode some of the questions.

    But I'm onward to CASP, and after reading a few pages glad I took CySA 1st, a lot of overlap and a lot of more in-depth discussions.

    do you think all you learned was required for the exam?? I am asking because I know people with no experience who have sat for the cysa+ exam and pass it after reading 2 cysa books and taking a practice test
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    do you think all you learned was required for the exam?? I am asking because I know people with no experience who have sat for the cysa+ exam and pass it after reading 2 cysa books and taking a practice test
    Then they got lucky and got an easy test.

    I just passed it too with a 820, but most people are scoring in the 760-790 range and barely passing. Out of 3 books and 2 online courses only about 20% of any of that was on test. But that has to do with how the test works. You can't "memorize" your way through this one. You have to actually know and be able to understand enough to both make recommendations... AND outright find actual hacks and attacks in code in the logs.

    You can't learn that from any of the courses.

    Like people hacking you with Linux tools and base OS, to things like java or http web code, and hidden within it is a SQL, LDAP, or XXL attack. To IDS entries that say one thing, but actually are doing another, etc...

    Finding false positives, and false negatives in a Vulnerability tool, etc.

    This stuff is really in the weeds stuff.

    For the record here, I actually have a friend who obtained answers to some of the CASP things, I could answer those off the top of my head without any study...

    CYSA+... study didn't help much, you either knew it or you don't, and none of the current courses can teach you that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks